Mastering the recruitment process is a necessary skill for any manager. After all, the cost of a bad hire can be huge, not just regarding time and money spent looking for a suitable candidate, but also by negatively influencing team morale. Net2Source, a global workforce solutions company, is sharing some best tips on how to recruit employees to help your company develop well.
Where are all the good candidates?
There are tried-and-true methods of finding top candidates to apply for your openings. They fall generally into these categories:
- General job boards — Sites such as Glassdoor, LinkedIn and Monster get a lot of traffic, but they can also generate a lot of unqualified applications.
- Specific job boards — Companies that need specialists would be smart to post their job ads on websites specific to their industry.
- Current employee referrals — Recommendations from members of your staff is an incredible way to find new candidates.
- Your own network — Reaching out to the contacts you’ve created through the span of your profession could generate good leads, especially when you’re employing for management positions.
- Recruitment firms — A staffing firm spend significant time in recruitment can take a lot of the pressure off you and your team to find the right candidate.
Net2Source has been helping organizations with their hiring for over 11 years. Give us a chance to encourage you.
The facts on how to recruit:
Recruiting might seem straightforward, but it can quickly become complicated — particularly when you consider the factors special to each hiring situation. Highly skilled candidates with years of experience, for example, are often in demand regardless of the economic climate. The unemployment rates for skilled positions are lower than the overall unemployment rate, and often significantly so. This means top candidates are hard to find, and those candidates who are looking for work may find themselves with multiple job offers.
So successful employee recruitment requires more than just placing a job posting on LinkedIn. Finding and hiring the right people for your company requires industrious preparation, thorough execution and a clear understanding of your hiring targets. If your firm doesn’t have a dedicated recruiter or HR department, recruitment can be tricky. Plus, the recruitment process has changed a lot in the previous decade and your old hiring techniques may never again be as viable as they used to be. Follow these steps in your recruitment process to help make the correct augmentations to your team:
- Think about your actual needs — Consider the comprehensive view of your business needs while making a hiring strategy — what proportions of your team should be full-time, part-time or temporary. Net2Source’s career professionals can explain the advantages of addressing your hiring needs with an adaptable staffing strategy.
- Advance your opening — Posting the job on employment websites, your company’s own career page and all the outlets listed in the section above is crucial. And don’t forget to promote the position internally – creating opportunities for advancement helps create a culture of loyalty.
- Judge applicants by similar standard — Figuring out who to interview is a different game than selecting which of the applicants is best for the position but formulating a strategy to fairly evaluate all candidates is essential. Eliminate any bias from your recruiting by holding all candidates to the same set of standards.
- Conduct interviews with best candidates — The job interview is the most noteworthy piece of the hiring process, and the trickiest. You must make every person’s interview count, with a set list of thoughtful, standardized questions if you want to compare job candidates properly.
- Try not to take too long to hire — Employment seekers, especially top talent, are probably going to get disappointed and lose interest in the job — or accept another offer — if the hiring process takes too long. It’s a tough balance to strike: Move too quickly and you could make a bad hire, however, move too slow and you could miss out on a good employee.
- Making the offer — After the interviews, be sure to check job references for your top candidates. Before you make an offer, set a salary range you’re willing to work with so you’re prepared for any salary negotiation.
Put a staffing organization looking into the issue
Finding a good employee can be a tough process. Employers often find that a staffing agency makes the hiring process easier, less stressful and more effective for their companies by providing the following benefits.
- Take care of your hire time — We, at Net2Source: as a staffing agency, have consistently demonstrated a better response time to make a staff hire, and thus faster role filling. Our recruiters are often able to find a good fit within a few days.
- Lead your recruitment strategy — A staffing firm encourages you to create a job post that’s more likely to draw the attention of the best candidates.
- Scout the talent — The best staffing companies have access to a large pool of skilled candidates, including inactive job seekers – professionals who are not effectively seeking for another position but would be open to changing roles for the right opportunity. Net2Source has departments specializing in staffing for the pharmaceutical, technology, engineering along with others.
- Make your workforce smart — A staffing organization can enable your business to recruit employees for full-time positions, part-time positions, and temporary projects — and experienced agents advise on the best mix for your organization’s needs and business cycles.
- Reduce your turnover costs — Managing with a bad hire takes up excessively of management’s time, especially in a small business. When you engage a staffing agency, you know the talented professionals we associate you with have been evaluated.
- Try out a new person for your team — A temporary assignment with the option to go full time after a certain period is a good method for evaluating a candidate’s skills and work ethic before committing to a full-time arrangement.
Need help with staffing?
At Net2Source, we work to ensure our clients are well staffed. Contact us today to find out how we can help your organization meet its seasonal staffing needs!